Every year students are assigned to write an essay on summer vacation. For most, this is one of the most favorite types of academic assignments. It is not surprising because there is no need to spend hours looking for the relevant information everywhere.
Things are easier when summer vacation essay writing disclose your own experience. However, some students don't consider this task as easy as ABC, especially if nothing interesting happened during the vacation. You should understand that the teacher is going to evaluate not the place where you were but your ability to tell about this creatively.
One student may go to the Caribbean and still have nothing to say in his/her essay while another person may craft a great impressive paper spending the whole summer at home. Why does this happen? Everything is simple. You need to be aware of the particular rules on how to structure your essay the right way! Check the effective tips for composing an A-grade work about your summer below.
How to Write an Essay about Summer Vacation in 7 Steps
The summer is over, and you should brainstorm creative ideas on how to write an essay about summer vacation. If you want to impress your reader, follow the tips and tricks below:
- Make essay writing my summer vacation bright and vivid: the summer period is full of new impressions and exciting experiences. Share what happened to you by adding illustrative comparisons and appealing to the sensations of the target audience.
- Structure your essay the right way: Tell about the planning for summer vacation in the introduction of your essay, then proceed to the main body, where you should tell about the main events that took place during your summer vacation, and, finally, write a conclusion. Stick to the 5-6 paragraph essay structure.
- Describe places you visited in detail: Your task is to help the reader see the picture of those places you visited, feel the atmosphere, and plunge into your summer vacation to the full extent.
- Don't feel despair if you haven't been anywhere during the summer holidays: If your summer was really dull and you have nothing to share, you can write about the ideal summer, which you have always dreamt about. Keep in mind that the most important thing for the teacher is to check the quality of your writing skills and an ability to write logically. Nobody will check whether you told about the places you went to or they are imaginary in your paper.
- Write your summer vacation essay using the Past Grammar Tense: It is obvious that you should use past tenses when writing about things that took part during summer.
- Make your reader feel as if he/she spent your vacation with you: You should tell about your summer in detail for your reader not to have separate pictures about your vacation but the whole picture of how you spent holidays.
- Proofread and edit the paper: The final step you should take is to make sure that your essay sounds perfect. In order to do this, you should reread it several times and ask somebody to listen to the paper and evaluate it. Also, you are recommended to use the grammar checker as well as a plagiarism-checker. In case, you think that there is still some space for improvement, don't waste time and start editing.
The Short Essay on Summer Vacation: A+ Good Essay Example
Check the short essay on how you spend your summer vacation for you to have a clear understanding of how this work should look like. Use it as a sample when crafting your own paper.
"This summer turned out to be really great, even though I didn't go to exotic places and didn't taste anything new. However, I had a good rest with those whom I love most. Before I went to the village where my grandmother and grandfather live, I had read a book that impressed me much.
That is a book from the literary series "Ethnogenesis," called "The Blockade." There are three parts in it, I have read one so far. The book tells about the Great Patriotic War, about the events that took place not in the front, but in the ruling circles.
All books in the series "Ethnogenesis" are united by the fact that they necessarily have figures that endow people with some sort of super-capacities. For example, the suggestion of your will to other people, etc. I have never thought that a story about war and politics can be so exciting.
In the second half of the summer, I went to the village to my grandmother. In the summer I really like to be there — it is so quiet, the air is clean, it smells of grass and berries. My grandparents have a very big house. You can hide there, and nobody will find you all day long. My grandmother cooked me very tasty pancakes, olives, and rolls in the mornings. Eating them with the natural cow's milk was such a pleasure!
This summer I saved the kitten. I found it on the road, behind the village. Probably someone threw it out. When I brought it home, it was so skinny. My grandmother fed it with milk, and the kitten fell asleep. I called it Timmi. Unfortunately, parents didn't allow me to take it with me, but I will look forward to the next summer vacation!
I can say that this summer left a lot of pleasant impressions in my memory. Next year, I want to go to my grandmother again, swim and sunbathe, read interesting books, and watch intellectual movies. I hope the next summer will be no less impressive than this one!"