An essay about texting and driving touches upon an actual issue of the modern society. As a result of the great technological progress, people can't make a step without smartphones. They are used as electronic books, maps, guides, calendars, etc. However, being very helpful, smart gadgets can also be extremely dangerous because they distract attention.
How to Write a Texting and Driving Essay Easily
When writing a texting and driving essay, analyze the consequences of the simultaneous driving and communicating via phone. This essay topic implies that you should write an argumentative essay providing arguments against texting when a person is driving. You should write a logical paper and preserve the standard writing structure, which means that you should start with an introduction, proceed to write the main body, and finish with the strong conclusion.
Tell about the problem you are going to discuss and write a powerful thesis statement that will highlight the seriousness of the issue. Then, your task is to give some facts that will make your reader believe that the problem really exists and it requires taking measures. Disclose the topic with the help of the illustrative material, which can be statistics, or examples from the life experience. Finally, you need to explain what your personal attitude is, and conclude your work making the last sentence really strong.
Do you experience difficulties in composing each of the above-mentioned essay parts? Follow the useful tips on how to write a texting and driving essay so that the teacher listens to your arguments with interest.
Texting and Driving Essay Thesis Statement Examples
The powerful texting and driving essay thesis statement is of the utmost importance. A thesis statement plays a crucial part in the success of the whole academic work. Express the main idea in just 1-2 sentences. Keep in mind that you are supposed to reflect the personal attitude to the problem. Let's have a look at the three successful thesis statement examples we have prepared for you:
- People are texting while driving with the aim to save time and give an immediate answer. However, this message can become your last one.
- Even the most important personal message doesn’t mean more than the safety of a driver and his/her passengers.
- Being distracted for one second, you can lose control of the car and face a situation when the car accident can't beavoided.
Make a statement strong and effective. Draw the reader's attention to the issue. He/she should feel impatient having a strong wish to find out what is going to be discussed further.
Texting and Driving Essay Introduction: Effective Ways to Write
How to craft good texting and driving essay introduction? Find your unique method of hooking the attention of your target audience. The first one is to write an interesting quote. Don't forget to cite the words of another person the right way. You should be guided by the following rule when looking for the best possible, engaging essay: it must be eye-catching, contain some intrigue, or share the factual information, for example, statistics.
For example, when composing an essay about the problem of being distracted on the road answering the message, it is possible to start with the statistics of how many people die during the car accidents daily because drivers use their mobile phones while driving. Remember that the introduction should be brief but informative. It should reveal the main idea of your paper.
Texting and Driving Essay Body: 5 Best Tips
Texting and driving essay body is the major essay part. Check the pieces of advice intended to help you to meet the teacher’s expectations:
- Make the essay body clear and concise.
- Assure that there is a logical connection between the paragraphs.
- Write 3-4 body paragraphs, each of which should contain arguments for a new thought.
- Write in a simple, understandable language.
- Reveal the topic to the full extent.
Texting and Driving Essay Conclusion: How to Finish the Paper?
Most students think that it is easy to conclude the essay paper. However, it is not so. Sure, that it is necessary to sum up the main ideas discussed in the essay body, but it is not enough for the successful conclusion. What is the purpose of this part of essay writing? Texting and driving essay conclusion is aimed at persuading the reader that you have done an excellent job by researching the issue.
Make sure that your final sentence sounds powerful and calls to a particular action. If to talk about the texting and driving paper, at the end of the essay, you should express your opinion for the reader to know what your standpoint is.
Texting and Driving Essay Outline: How to Structure?
It is better to see once than to hear one hundred times. Do you agree with this statement? If yes, then you are welcome to have a closer look at the texting and driving essay outline sample. Learn how to structure an essay outline properly having a high-quality example in front of you:
- The thesis statement (for example, “The government must ban the use of gadgets while driving”);
- Writing messages affects driving negatively;
- Statistics about the car accidents when the driver was busy answering his/her phone;
- The attempts that have already been made to solve this problem;
- Your variants of the problem solution;
10 Texting and Driving Essay Ideas for Students
Save your valuable time — check the texting and driving essay ideas:
- The consequences of driving and texting at the same time.
- Prove it is unsafe to drive and use a phone.
- Drivers should be punished for the irresponsible driving.
- Is an important message an excuse for being distracted?
- The risks of using a cell phone when driving.
- How to ban the use of smartphones in a vehicle?
- The methods to control how many accidents happened because the driver was inattentive because of the message received.
- The ways to check who violates the law.
- Think of the fair penalty in case of a violation.
- You need to answer the urgent call during rush hours. Explain how you will deal with this situation safely and effectively.
Choose the topic being guided by your personal interest. Want an A-Grade? Follow our expert tips on how to prepare an ideal essay assignment easily!